About Me

Hello, my name is Enrico Sudirdja. I am in Victoria School's 2H.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Special Moment I Enjoyed With My Family

Hi guys! Today I am writing about my June holidays last year. It was quite awhile since the trip but i still remembered the trip very clearly...

I went for a one week holiday to Japan's Tokyo on last year's June Holidays. We went with a tour guide for five days and decided to stay and go around Japan by ourselves.

It was already dark when we got down the plane so we immediately went to the hotel to rest. The hotel was near the airport so we got there within a few minutes. We would travel to Tokyo the next day as the airport was not in Tokyo. We would also change our hotels everyday as Tokyo was pretty big and it was pretty inconvenient to travel back for so long as it might be wasted time.

The next day, we set off to Tokyo which was pretty far away from here. Once we arrived, we checked in to our hotel and leave immediately to go around Tokyo. Tokyo had many huge malls but the things sold there were also very expensive. After going around for hours, we would get back to our hotels, feeling very tired.

We took a train in Tokyo the next day. Looking at how many lines made my mind spin. There were just so many of them! That was when i realised how many times bigger Tokyo itself is than Singapore! We took a ride on the Bullet train, which was the fastest train in Tokyo. The seats there were big and comfortable and it was moving in the speed of lightning! We would go for another round of shopping till the end of the day before checking in to our hotels. One thing i learnt on the third day was that the hotels in Japan are all so small! There was only room for two beds and a small walkway!

Mt. Fuji was our next destination. We took a bus up a mountain for about 45 minutes before we could finally see a clear view of Mt. Fuji. It was a breathtaking sight! We didnt come up to the summit but we went to the shops that were located on the mountain. They sold many souvenirs there which were very unique! We even got to taste Mount Fuji water which was very clean and came from the mountains itself! At the end of the day, we would check in to the hotel which was located just below the mountain. There was even hot
spring there! We got to take a bath like how Japanese
people did!

On the fourth day, we went to Disney Land Tokyo. There was many wonderful rides there which was very different from any other rides i had ridden before. It was a thrilling day! I just hope that we had more time in Disney land!

We were by ourselves on the fifth day as the guide had gotten back to Singapore. My parents decided to try going on the train by ourselves. I dreaded going back to the station as I knew that I would go through a hard time trying to find the right train to our destination. We took so long just to get to the right train! After spending about two hours asking for directions, we finally arrived at our destination. There was many delicious food and many places which sold many souvenirs.  We would go back to our hotel late at night after we walked till our legs almost broke. I felt tired but happy at the same time!

It was time to get back to Singapore the next day. I felt very sad as we were going to leave as I had spent such an enjoyable time with my family and hoped it lasted forever. I hope we will go on these kind of trips again...
                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment